How can I stand out or improve my profile in the Career Network?
Here are our top five recommendations to make your profile standout to employers:
- Showcase your work experience going back to your undergraduate graduation. This section is designed for full-time work experience.
- If you have graduated more than a year ago, we recommend excluding your extracurricular activities from college, and only including full-time internships as work experience.
- If you are still in school, include your two most meaningful internships and/or relevant extracurricular activities.
- If you have held more than one position at the company, separate out the positions. This will showcase growth.
- In general, we recommend not including activities or part-time jobs in the experiences section on your Smartly profile; those experiences can be included on your resume.
- Add three bullets per experience, and tag each experience by industry and the type of role you performed.
- Focus on outcomes not just job experiences. For example, "FY17 achieved 150% Quota Attainment including 130% revenue attainment, 290% cloud consumption, and 120% YoY territory growth achieved through executing territory plan focused on digitally transforming a list of renewal and new accounts"
- Highlight relevant skills that make you stand out as an employee, including technical skills, languages, or tasks at which you excel.
- Upload a photo that is professional and appropriate for the industry you are trying to work in.
- Include a fun fact that would serve as a conversation starter with peers, students, and employers.
- Attach a resume and LinkedIn profile so that employers can find out the additional information they need about your experiences and skills. For tips on resume creation, check out our brief guide.
And, of course, proofread your profile so that it is error-free.