How are MBA grades calculated - Class of October 2022 and November 2022
Yes, there are grades:
To earn your MBA degree, you must complete the following requirements:
Coursework & Exams:
- Complete all courses in the MBA curriculum within the required time frame.
- Achieve scores of at least 80% in the graded SMARTCASE lessons.
(SMARTCASEScan be taken as many times as you want. Only the best score will be counted towards your final grade.)
- Complete the exams associated with each concentration.
Projects & Presentations:
- Complete the written projects and proctored oral examinations.
- Complete the Marketing project and presentation. In order to graduate, you must submit and pass both your written Marketing project (with a score of 2 or higher) and your Marketing presentation (with a score of 2 or higher).
- Complete the Individual Strategic Development Plan. In order to graduate, you must submit and pass your Individual Strategic Development Plan (with a score of 3 or higher).
- Submit the required documents that confirm your identity, eligibility and past academic performance as referenced in your MBA application.
Your final grade is weighted in the following way:
- Projects & Presentations: 30%
- SMARTCASEs: 10%
- Exams: 60%
A final overall score of 70% is the minimum to graduate. The distinction of Honors is awarded to the top 10% of each cohort upon graduation. Students who graduate behind schedule are not eligible to receive this distinction. Apart from the Honors distinction, as Quantic operates on a pass/fail basis, there are no class or personal ranks to provide. Please note that all grades are percentage-based, and not issued as letter grades or GPA.
More about the Projects & Presentations Grade - 30%
Over the course of this program, you will complete four projects and three proctored oral examinations. Each project and presentation we assign will be accompanied by a prompt and grading rubric. Grading will be based on the thoroughness and accuracy of your response. The assignment and due dates for each project are listed on your curriculum above. Learn more about how projects are graded here.
More about SMARTCASE scores - 10%
As you progress through lessons in Quantic, feel free to explore different answer options (both correct and incorrect) that trigger helpful feedback. You are not expected to get all "correct answers" while you are learning—mistakes are half of learning, after all—so, you aren't graded on regular lessons. You are graded on SMARTCASE lessons, as mentioned above. Only your top score in SMARTCASEs will count towards your final grade, so you can feel free to take SMARTCASEs as many times as you like.
More about the Exams - 60%
You will take nine Concentration Exams over the course of your program. These exams are made available after each concentration has ended, according to your schedule. The exams are all open book, and each consists of several lessons. They're similar in format to SMARTCASEs, meaning there are no open response questions. For more about the concentration exams, click here