All about how Quantic uses Slack
Quantic will use Slack as a platform for a number of things, including; getting to know your classmates, signing up for group projects, engaging in discussion on course materials and concepts, and receiving notifications about course administrative topics.
You will receive a link to join your cohort’s Slack group along with additional orientation information the week prior to your cohort’s start date. There will be members of Quantic staff available in the Slack rooms to help answer any questions that might come up as you go through the program!
Below are some FAQs about Slack, and how it is used here at Quantic:
How do I download Slack?
Visit this website to download Slack.
What is each channel for?
- #_general is for program-wide communication and announcements. Major announcements, such as assignments, course information and engagement opportunities will be posted to this channel.
- #exercises is where all Quantic exercises will be posted. These are articles, videos, and prompts that follow the Course Syllabus. We ask that you read and respond thoughtfully to these prompts.
- #questions is for content-related questions. Not sure how to solve a problem? Aren’t sure why you missed the answer to a problem? Ask your fellow students!
- #random is for sharing articles and asking questions that are not directly related to the course. This channel is a fun way to engage with your classmates!
- #video-discussion is used to schedule video discussions of course material and posted exercises. If you’d like to coordinate chats with fellow students, this is the place to do it!
How do exercises work?
Exercises are always posted in the #exercises channel. These are articles, videos, and prompts that are meant to instigate thought and discussion about real-world examples of course materials. Exercises are ungraded and optional, but participation is highly encouraged!
Can I request an exam or project extension via Slack?
Can I request to defer my enrollment to another cohort via Slack?