All about how Quantic uses Slack
Quantic will use Slack as a platform for a number of things, including; getting to know your classmates, signing up for group projects, engaging in discussion on course materials and concepts, and receiving notifications about course administrative topics.
You will receive a link to join your cohort’s Slack group along with additional orientation information the week prior to your cohort’s start date. There will be members of Quantic staff available in the Slack rooms to help answer any questions that might come up as you go through the program!
Below is some additional information and details about the channels you can expect to see in your Quantic Slack Workspace and some frequently asked questions:
- Download Slack: Slack is available on desktop and mobile devices. Download here.
- Create your profile: Use your real first and last name to sign up.
- Introduce yourself: Introduce yourself in the #networking channel—what’s your name, story, LinkedIn profile?
- Pinned Posts: Important messages from Quantic staff will be pinned to the relevant channels.
- Shortcuts: Since these shortcuts notify large groups of people we recommend using them sparingly. You can use different call-outs in channels:
“@here” — notifies every online desktop-using member in a channel
“@channel” — notifies everyone in the channel
What is each channel for?
- #_general is for program-wide communication and announcements. Major announcements, such as project prompts and course information will be posted to this channel.
- #coursework is for questions about the Quantic courses and/or concentrations. Ask your fellow classmates!
- #events is where Quantic staff will post events and other engagement opportunities. You can also find upcoming events by clicking 'Events' in the Network tab on your Quantic dashboard!
- #info_directory is where contact information, FAQs, videos, and other need-to-knows and helpful links will be posted.
- #networking is where you should introduce yourself and make connections with your fellow classmates.
- #questions is where you can ask questions specific to Quantic staff, such as clarifying due dates or project submission requirements.
- #reading_room is where Quantic staff will post course-relevant articles, videos, and reading recommendations - all carefully curated by our academic experts. You are also welcome to post articles that you found interesting as well!
- #ask-an-academic: Drop your questions about your current concentration throughout the week, and have them answered by that subject's expert each Monday!
- #careers: Post open positions at your companies and career-related discussions here!
- #webinar_recordings: Webinar recordings will be posted here!
FAQs about Slack
Can I submit a project via Slack?
No. Projects must be submitted via email at [email protected].
Can I request an exam or project extension via Slack?
Can I request to defer my enrollment to another cohort via Slack?
- Email us: The best way to contact us regarding questions about your individual account or your performance is to send an email to [email protected].
- Quantic Staff: You’ll see Quantic staff on Slack that can help answer questions in public channels. Their usernames will look like this: name at Quantic (eg. Marina at Quantic).