The EMBA Concentration Exams (Class of June 2024, July 2024, and September 2024)
What do the exams cover?
Exams are made available after each concentration has completed according to your schedule. The exams cover information only from the course lessons. You will not be tested on any information from corresponding projects or faculty webinars.
What are the exams like?
- All of the exams are open book exams. That means you can use any notes that you have, your Course Summaries, and reference any of the Quantic courses in order to complete the exams.
- All exams are to be completed individually.
- The exam consists of several lessons, which are similar in format to SMARTCASEs in that there are no open response questions.
- Like SMARTCASEs, your answer is submitted as soon as it's clicked. You will not be able to revise answers or return to previous questions.
- Also like SMARTCASES, using the "Give Me a Hint" button will count as a wrong answer, lowering your final score.
- Unlike SMARTCASEs, you will not be able to retake any part of the exams.
When are the exams?
- Exam dates are noted on your curriculum.
- You will have a full week (7 days) to start your exam, beginning on the given exam date.
- Once you start your exam, you’ll have 5 hours to complete it.
- Example: If your curriculum says the Accounting Exam takes place on March 5, you may begin the exam anywhere between March 5, 1 AM PT, and March 11, 11:59 PM PT. Once you click "Start" on the first lesson, you will have 5 hours to complete the exam, no matter when you start.
How long are the exams?
It should take you about one and a half to five hours to complete each exam.
How should I study for the exams?
You should study by reviewing the relevant Quantic courses, SMARTCASEs, and Course Summaries.
Additionally, you might see practice exams associated with some of the concentrations, like this one for Accounting. Practice exams do not need to be unlocked, they are available at any time, but we recommend taking them after you have completed all of the coursework for that specific concentration. Practice exams can also be retaken for additional practice.
How do I become eligible to take the exams?
In order to be eligible to take an exam, you will need to have completed all courses in that concentration before proceeding with the exam. Exams will remain locked until the scheduled exam period, to receive an extension or exception please contact us at email@example.com.
What is considered a passing exam score?
A grade of 80% or above is considered a passing score. Your score will appear on the exam course page after you complete the exam.
What happens if I fail an exam?
If you fail an exam it's no problem, we understand that it happens. Exams cannot be retaken, but you can still get a passing final score and earn your EMBA. Just stick to the schedule, study hard for future exams, complete all projects and proctored oral examinations, and give the Capstone project and presentation your best effort!
If you have any other questions about the exams, you can ask your classmates in the Slack group or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.