How are EMBA grades calculated?
To earn your Executive MBA degree, you must:
- Complete all courses in the EMBA curriculum within the required time frame.
- Achieve scores of at least 80% in the graded SMARTCASE lessons.
- Complete the exams associated with each concentration and your chosen Specializations.
- Complete the written projects and proctored oral examinations as presentations.
- Complete the Capstone Project and Presentation. In order to graduate, you must submit and pass both your written Capstone project (with a score of 3 or higher) and your Capstone presentation (with a score of 2 or higher).
- Submit the required documents that confirm your identity, eligibility and past academic performance as referenced in your EMBA application.
Your grade is weighted in the following way:
- Projects & Presentations: 30%
- SMARTCASEs: 10%
- Exams: 60%
A final overall score of 70% is the minimum to graduate. The distinction of Honors is awarded to the top 10% of each cohort upon graduation. Students who graduate behind schedule are not eligible to receive this distinction. Apart from the Honors distinction, as Quantic operates on a pass/fail basis, there are no class or personal ranks to provide. Please note that all grades are percentage-based, and not issued as letter grades or GPA.
Projects & Presentations - 30%
Over the course of this program, you will complete four projects and three proctored oral examinations as presentations, including the Capstone project and presentation. Each project and presentation we assign will be accompanied by a prompt and grading rubric. The assignment and due dates for each project are listed on your cohort's curriculum page. Learn more about how projects are graded here.
SMARTCASEs - 10%
As you progress through lessons in Quantic, feel free to explore different answer options (both correct and incorrect) that trigger helpful feedback. You are not expected to get all "correct answers" while you are learning—mistakes are an important part of learning, after all—so, you aren't graded on regular lessons; however, you are graded on SMARTCASE lessons. Only your top SMARTCASE score will count towards your final grade, so you can feel free to take SMARTCASEs as many times as you like.
Exams - 60%
You will take eight Concentration Exams and three Specialization Exams over the course of your program. These exams are made available after each concentration according to your schedule, or after you've completed the regular coursework for each specialization. The exams are all open book, and may consist of more than one lesson. They're similar in format to SMARTCASEs, meaning there are no open response questions. For more about the concentration exams, click here.
Quantic Specializations allow EMBA students to get a deeper understanding of topics they’re interested in. In order to graduate, each student needs to complete three specializations, although students can take as many as they'd like. If a student completes more than three specialization exams, only the top three specialization exam scores will be counted toward that student's final grade. All completed specializations, along with the exam score, will be included on the student's Quantic transcript. For more information on available specializations, click here.